The Bopple ordering platform has features to let you accept online orders for delivery, such as configurable delivery areas and delivery fees. However, Bopple does not have a fleet of delivery drivers or handle any delivery operations.
You can operate "self-delivery" (your own team members complete the deliveries) or you can choose to use a third party provider such as Kounta Delivery. Kounta Delivery is a Kounta product offering, with the deliveries being fulfilled by their integrated last-mile delivery provider, Drive Yello.
How does it work?
- Customer browses your menu on the Bopple app (iOS, Android, or web)
- Customer selects items to order then adds an address and phone number for delivery
- Customer submits payment in Bopple and the order is sent to your Kounta POS
- Once you accept the order in your POS, Kounta's system requests a driver from Drive Yello
- The Drive Yello driver collects the order from you and delivers it to the customer address
- The customer is notified of the order status based on changes in Kounta and Drive Yello
How do I enable it?
Please contact Kounta so they can firstly confirm it is available in your region. If it is, Kounta will work with you and the team at Bopple enable the integrated delivery service for your venue.
How are delivery orders handled?
Please see Kounta's detailed guide: Kounta Delivery | Managing Orders
What does it cost?
The Drive Yello delivery fee is $13.50 per order, inclusive of GST. Bopple withholds this when processing the payments on delivery orders and transfers it to Kounta/Drive Yello. You have full control to pass on as much of this cost to customers as you wish using your delivery order fees. See Configuring order fees
Who is responsible for what?
To ensure that customers have a good experience, and any issues that occur can be investigated and resolved by the appropriate party, it's important to understand who is responsible for the different aspects of the Kounta Delivery service.
There are quite a few moving parts so please familiarise yourself with the summary below or take a look at a more detailed guide here.
- Ensuring your Bopple venue listing is setup correctly
- Kounta Online Menu setup properly and reviewed in Bopple (correct pricing etc)
- Venue open times and order settings configured in Bopple Venue Manager
- Correct address and contact info for delivery drivers and customers
- Stripe account connected to Bopple and verified for payments
- Ensuring food/drink orders are prepared on-time and correct for driver collection
- Forming a working relationship with drivers; think of them as extension of your own team
- Receiving and responding to any customer feedback regarding issues with Kounta Delivery
- Raising issues with Kounta/Drive Yello or Bopple as per the responsibilities below
- Reviewing order to ensure they have selected the correct products
- Selecting the correct order type (Delivery) when submitting their order on Bopple
- Providing a complete and accurate delivery address and contact number
- Being available to accept the delivery and answer a call from the driver, if needed
Kounta & Drive Yello
- Ensuring drivers are assigned to delivery orders in a timely fashion
- Ensuring drivers arrive on time (as per the ETA provided in the POS)
- Ensuring deliveries are completed in a timely fashion to the correct address
- Ensuring delivery orders aren't damaged or received with missing items
- Providing support on any issues that result from Kounta/Drive Yello responsibilities (above)
Kounta support is available 24/7 on phone or chat via the
? Help & Supportsection in the POS. Please always include order details (order ID + customer name) and a description of the problem.
- Capture customer contact info (address, phone number) for delivery
- Payment processing for customer orders
- Withholding $13.50 Delivery Driver fee per order (Drive Yello delivery fee)
- Transmission of customer orders for a venue to the connected Kounta POS site
- Passing any customer feedback re: delivery orders to the venue partner
- Providing support on any issues that result from Bopple's responsibilities (above)
For Bopple support please contact us and we will be with you as soon as possible. Please always include order details (order code + customer name) and a description of the problem.