All products in the Bopple app are displayed with a product image tile. Providing a rich, image-based menu creates a much more visually appealing experience which impacts how a customer orders.
If images are not provided to us on the menu imported from Kounta, the product will have a grey tile with the product initials assigned. See example below. As you can see, adding images makes a big difference!
Sourcing images for your menu
You have a few options here:
- Have a product photoshoot done 📷
- Grab some i our product image library. It's mostly drinks but we're constantly adding more photos. Check it out and download the images here.
- Google image search can also be used to obtain images
Some general guidelines, particularly useful if you are having a photographer take photos of your menu items:
- Well lit photographs
- Min 200 pixels / max 2000 pixels
- Square cropped (as seen in the app example above)
- Max file size 3mb per photo
Adding product images in Kounta
NB: If the product has variants you only need to add the image to the variant "parent", example below.
Image display in your point-of-sale
"But I don't want the images to appear in my POS!" we hear you say. No worries! Kounta have added a simple setting so you can easily disable product image display in the POS.
Just go to Kounta POS > Preferences and disable the product image setting.