- Customer data sent with new orders to your Kounta POS
- Online orders linked to Kounta customer records
- Complete customer transactional history across in-store and online orders
- Include app customers in your marketing campaigns (newsletters, offers etc)
- App orders accrue points in Kounta-linked loyalty schemes (eg. Marsello)**
**This is only the case for loyalty add-ons that are subscribed to your Kounta customer records. Unfortunately points earned in loyalty schemes cannot yet be redeemed/claimed via Bopple applications. They can only be earned/accrued.
How it works
Once enabled, the following will start taking place on all new orders going forward:
- Customer browses menu and places a new order
- Customer order is sent to your Kounta POS for processing
- The order sent to the Kounta site includes the following data:
- Transaction: products, prices, discounts
- Customer [NEW]: name, email address, phone number (if stored), various ‘tags’ for additional customer information (explained here)
- Using the customer email address, we attempt to find existing customers in the People > Customers records within the Kounta site being ordered at:
- If no match is found, a new customer record is created with the order
- If an existing customer is found, the order is added to the customer history
On new Bopple orders you will now see a linked customer. This is shown to the left of the order notes field.
If you tap on the customer their profile will be shown. This will include their email address and a phone number, if they have added one to their profile.
Important: Currently phone numbers are required and added to a profile if a customer orders via the web, or if they order for delivery via an iOS or Android app. Pickup orders via the native apps WILL NOT have a phone number unless the customer has added one to their profile. The apps will be updated in future to capture/store a phone number for all orders.
Once enabled, the data sharing will start happening automatically on all new orders.
We recommend you ensure the
Send receipts to customers via email setting is disabled for your Kounta site (via Site Information > Online ordering). Bopple sends email receipts to customers for app orders so they do not need to be sent via Kounta also.
Understanding & using the customer data
For more technical info on using the customer data, as well as some common questions/issues, please click here.