If you connected Bopple and Kounta prior to October 2018, you will most likely be using the previous version of our integration.
We've since released an updated integration to make use of Kounta's new Online Products feature. This feature allows you to curate and configure a purpose-built version of your menu just for Bopple. The bulk of your in-app menu management can now be done without leaving Kounta back-office!
Old vs New
On the old integration:
- 😡 Lots of double handling to update menu (do it on Kounta, then do it in Bopple admin)
- 😱 Using the confusing
Import Menuscreen in Bopple admin
- 😢 In-app menus could easily be setup poorly or with errors that impact usability
- 😩 Updating your in-app menu was very time consuming and tricky
On the new integration:
- 😁 Refine your in-app menu without leaving Kounta back office
- 😁 No need to review/edit and approve new menu items in Bopple admin
- 😁 Product images and descriptions are used directly from Kounta
- 😁 Rapid Bopple menu updates; just update in Kounta and then a single click in Bopple admin!
Preparing for the Update
There are a few things you'll need to do to get ready to migrate to the new integration. This process is outlined below.
1. Check the basic menu setup requirements
As you are already using Bopple, the core of your menu setup is likely already compatible with Bopple, but you can find details on requirements here.
In a nutshell, Bopple:
- Requires the use of Product Variants for sizes
- Requires the use of product-linked Option Sets for options on products
- Does not support unlinked/floating modifiers
- Does not support $0 base prices on products
2. Enable the Online Products add-on
Head to my.kounta.com/addon/onlineproducts and enable the add-on.
You will now be able to access the
Online Products section via the Products page.
Until we update your venue settings in Bopple the menu setup in Kounta Online Products won't impact your menu in the app, so feel free to have a play around!
The Online Products section has two views;
Preview where you can see how your products will be displayed in-app, and
Modify where you can amend this display.
Within each section, you can use the
˅ arrows to drill down to the lower level (ie. seeing what Option Sets are available on a product, and then what options are included in the Option Set).
3. Review and refine your online menu in Kounta Back Office
Using the Online Products section in Back Office:
- Hide inappropriate or unnecessary menu items
- Review and improve display names of menu items
- Add product images for a rich in-app experience
- Add product descriptions where appropriate for customer clarity
A more detailed outline of the process can be found here.
4. Notify Bopple support that you have prepared your online menu
Once you're happy with the Online Menu let us know. We'll run some checks to ensure the new setup will import to Bopple without any issues that will impact customers/sales.
We can then schedule in a time outside of trading times to update your venue(s) to use the newly configured Kounta Online Products menu.