Bopple can provide you with a branded version of the Bopple mobile application; one designed specifically for your brand or venue, to showcase your brand's style/flavour.
In order to make these apps available publicly you will need to create an Apple Developer account. Don't worry, Bopple will still take care of all the technical processes like releasing and updating your app! We'll just need your help initially in creating the account that the app will be released/deployed with.
Why do I need my own Apple Developer account?
Bopple will design and develop the app for you, but Apple requires that you, as a business owner, create your own Apple Developer account and enrol into the Apple Developer program to have your own app hosted.
For more information on this you can check Apple's Developer Guidelines and see section 4.2.6
What is the process?
Further detail is outlined in the instructions below, but at a high level the process is as follows:
🔘 1. Locate your DUNS Number (you probably have one already; see details below)
🔘 2. Create an Apple ID (existing ID can be used, but we suggest using a new one for this)
🔘 3. Enrol in the Apple Developer Program using your Apple ID
🔘 4. Add Bopple as a team member on your Apple Developer Team
🔘 5. Notify Bopple of completion, and confirm the business name on your developer account
Read on for a detailed walk through of the process.
Step 1: Locate your DUNS number
This will be required when enrolling in the Developer Program.
The D-U-N-S Numbering system is a widely recognised standard for identifying businesses among thousands of companies, marketplaces and regulatory entities. Companies worldwide use the D-U-N-S Number to link information about suppliers, customers and trading partners, providing a more complete picture of the risk and opportunity in their business relationships.
- If you have an ABN you will already have a DUNS number; look it up HERE
- If you do not have a DUNS number, you can request one HERE
- Requesting a DUNS number is free, but will take a few business days
- There is also 14 day waiting period after being granted a DUNS number
Businesses in other countries:
- DUNS Number applications are managed by each country individually
- Go HERE and select the country your business is listed in
- On the website you are taken to, select the option to apply for / obtain a DUNS number
Step 2: Creating an Apple ID
Note: You may use an existing Apple ID if you have one and skip this step. Bopple recommends creating a separate Apple ID for this, unless you already have a Apple ID enrolled into the Apple Developer Program
Creating an account is very easy. You just need to follow a few steps:
1. Go to https://developer.apple.com/
Account in the top right corner
Create Apple ID
4. You'll be asked to fill out the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- 3 Security Questions
5. Do not check to receive marketing messages (unless you'd like to)
6. Complete the CAPTCHA
7. You will be emailed a verification code
8. Once you receive your code enter the code into the code into the pop up box requiring it
Step 3: Enrolling in the Developer Program
Note: If you had an existing Apple ID that has already been enrolled into the Apple Developer Program then you can skip this step.
After you've created your Apple ID you need to enroll into the developer program by going through the following steps:
Note: Before starting enrollment, you will need to ensure your Apple ID has 2-Factor Authentication enabled. If you are using a new Apple ID you will need to set this up. You will need to sign out of your preferred Apple ID on your device, then sign in with the new ID to enable 2FA. Once enabled, you can switch back to your preferred Apple ID (eg. your personal Apple ID). More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915
Start Enrollment at the bottom of the page.
3. For the I Develop Apps As question you must select
Company / Organization (enrolling as an individual will not allow you to invite others as a developer team member; you must enrol as a company / organization - more info below)
4. Fill out the requested company information accurately
5. When asked for a DUNS number, enter your DUNS number
6. Enter the CAPTCHA and submit
7. Complete $99 payment for the developer license
8. Your enrolment application has been submitted, and is pending approval
9. Initially you will receive a confirmation email from Apple:
"We’ve received your enrollment request. Once we verify that you have the authority to bind your organization to Apple Developer Program legal agreements, we’ll email you with instructions on how to complete your enrollment."
10. The approval process can take several days. Apple will email you again once your enrolment application has been approved. Once you receive that, continue on to Step 4 below.
Step 4: Adding Bopple to your Developer Team
In order for Bopple to submit an app on your behalf, we will need to be added as an admin to your developer team. Apple has made this very easy!
There are two steps to this; creating and inviting the user, and then granting access to app status reports.
A) Creating and Inviting the User
1. Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/access/users and sign-in
2. Click the blue
+ next to
Users in the left hand side.
3. In the modal that appears, enter the following information:
- First Name: Bopple
- Last Name: Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (NB: email@example.com; don't add the
eto our name on this email)
Roles, check the box for
Developer Resources, check the box for
Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles
Invite to send the invite for Bopple to accept
B) Adding Access to App Status Reports
1. Click on the firstname.lastname@example.org user to open the user details modal
App Status Reports change the setting to
Yes (this is so Boppl can be notified of the app's status, approval, and if Apple has any comments during the review process)
Save in the top right corner to confirm
Step 5: Notify Bopple
IMPORTANT: Please email email@example.com with the name of the business you're operating your developer account with. If you do not do this it may delay your app submission because our team will not know which account to upload the application for.
Step 6: Accept the app transfer [EXISTING APPS ONLY]
1. Bopple will initiate a transfer, to move the app from our Bopple Technologies account to your newly created Apple Developer account
2. You will receive an email asking you to sign-in to accept the transfer
3. You will also need to accept some terms and agreements when accepting the transfer
4. Use the below "metadata" when it is requested while accepting the transfer
- Company Name: <your company name>
- Support URL: https://help.bopple.me
- Marketing URL: <your website>
- App Review Contact: Bopple Support / <your number> / firstname.lastname@example.org / <your address>
- App Store Contact: Bopple Support /<your number>/ email@example.com / <your address>
Apple ID Questions
My existing Apple Developer account is for an Individual or Single Person Business
If you enrol your Apple ID into the developer program as an individual or single person business then you'll be required to request a change from Apple directly. Apple does not allow team member invites for personal accounts. Boppl needs to be added as a team member in order to maintain and service your app.
In addition to this, it's possible Apple could reject your app submission, as the app is submitted under the company's name and this may be viewed as an individual submitting an app on behalf of a company. Here is a link to Apple's support page explaining how to switch account types. See "Can I switch my membership from an individual to an organization?" near the bottom