1. Receiving Orders
When an order arrives you will be presented with a docket on the dashboard. This will show all the important info about the order:
- 4-character order code (can be used to verify customer)
- Minutes since the order was received
- Customer name + image
- Customer notes (if any were added)
- Order type (Pickup / Table Service / Deliver to Address)
- Delivery address and contact number (Delivery orders only)
- Table number (Table Service orders only)
- Scheduled collection time (Scheduled Pickup orders only)
- Products ordered and any options/modifiers selected
New orders will make the screen flash and will play a sound alert every ~30 seconds until the order is started. Be sure to have your device volume turned up so that staff can hear new orders!
2. Accepting Orders
When you are ready to start the order press the
Start button. This will send a notification to the customer saying their order is being prepared.
Once started, the action button at the bottom of the order will change to
Notify Ready (Pickup orders) or
Dispatch Order (Delivery orders).
3. Readying/Dispatching Orders
Once the food and drink is prepared....
For Pickup orders, you can tap
Notify Ready which will send the customer another notification advising their order is ready for collection. They can show you the 4-character order code on their phone if you need to verify the customer; alternatively you can use their name.
For Delivery orders, you should only tap
Dispatch Order once the rider/driver is actually leaving the venue with the food/drinks. Tapping this will send the customer a notification advising that their order has left the store and will be delivered shortly.
4. Closing Orders
Once you have either marked the order as ready or dispatched, the action button at the bottom of the order will change to
DO NOT close the order until the customer has received their food/drinks.
The customer may close the order themselves by tapping
I HAVE RECEIVED MY ORDER in the app, but this is not forced so you may need to close the order yourself.
Need to refund an order?
Read more HERE about refunding customer orders in the Orders Dashboard